Do you have at least five years of experience practicing law in the wills & estates area? If so, LESA’s upcoming Enduring Powers of Attorney and Personal Directives program is for you!
This seminar brings intermediate-level practitioners together to examine both the common and the extraordinary issues that you face when dealing with enduring powers of attorney and personal directives.
Speakers & Topics
Gain further insight into a range of topical issues by learning about them from the various perspectives of the solicitor, litigator, health care provider, and Public Guardian.
Seminar chair Farha Salim is heading up the Enduring Powers of Attorney and Personal Directives program. She’s joined by an experienced panel who are sharing their insights with you:
Here’s a sneak peak at the topics to be covered:
- Inter-Jurisdictional Issues. Review unique challenges when dealing with clients who have assets in other jurisdictions.
- Health Care Challenges. Discuss the challenges health care teams face when dealing with personal directives (including issues related to physician-assisted death).
- Common Problems for Donors and Attorneys. Explore issues and recent cases related to small businesses, family farms, blended families, attorney compensation, and more.
- Litigation Against Lawyers. Cover fiduciary obligations, breaches, and consequences. Also discover tips and best practices to make your claim or pleadings more effective.
- The Public Guardian and the Personal Directives Act. Understand how the Public Guardian becomes an Agent, makes decisions as an Agent, and investigates and resolves complaints against private Agents.
For complete details, view the program brochure.
Want to learn more and walk away with both a better understanding of the problems and tips for dealing with them? Reserve your spot in the Enduring Powers of Attorney and Personal Directives seminar: attend in Edmonton (April 5) or Calgary (April 12).
Until March 1 registrants receive special early bird pricing. Act now to take advantage of these savings!