It’s hard to believe that March is upon us, but it’s here and it’s a busy month at LESA! Check out today’s blog to so you don’t miss any key dates or events.
- Delve into advanced estate topics with other experienced wills & estates practitioners.
- Discuss current banking and finance issues with other senior practitioners who work exclusively or predominately in the area of lender/borrower.
- Read the blog with seminar chair Kerry Day QC to learn what you’ll gain from this program and what topics will be covered this year.
- Review the top 5 cases relevant to 5 pressing family law issues: parenting, child support, spousal support, matrimonial property, and unjust enrichment. Also discover tax tips relevant to each topic.
- Read the blog with seminar chair Marla Miller QC to discover the top 5 most valuable takeaways you’ll walk away with after attending this program.
Special early bird discounts are ending soon for the following programs. Register now and save!
Enduring Powers of Attorney and Personal Directives – ENDS March 1
Register online to attend in Edmonton (April 5) or Calgary (April 12).
- Examine both the common and the extraordinary issues you face when dealing with enduring powers of attorney and personal directives.
- Read the blog for more information on the topics covered and the range of perspectives addressed.
- Discover information, tips, and best practices for dealing with (and helping prevent) shareholder disputes.
- Read the blog with seminar chair Bryan Haynes to hear more about top program topics and takeaways.
- Explore project management principles that can help build your practice, increase your efficiency, and keep your clients satisfied.
- Read the blog with presenter Pamela Woldow to learn more about what project management is, why you’ll want to add these concepts to your practice management tool box, and what you’ll gain from this program.
- Review the scope of questioning, and discuss the use of questioning evidence, cross examination, exhibits, documents, and undertakings.
Do you need to register for next year’s CPLED Program? 2016/2017 registration opens March 1.
There are several 2015/2016 CPLED modules running this month:
- Ethics & Professionalism. This online module runs March 3 to March 10.
- Negotiations & Practice Fundamental. This face-to-face module runs in Calgary (March 14–18) and in Edmonton (March 21–22).
Legal Community: Dates and Deadlines
CPA Assist Speaker Series – Running on Empty: Understanding Family Caregiver Fatigue
Attend this Alberta Lawyers’ Assistance Society (Assist) program in Calgary (March 2) or Edmonton (March 3) to learn more about the challenges family caregivers face and strategies for staying healthy while juggling these demands. Learn more in our recent blog post.
Declare Your CPD Plan
All lawyers are required to submit a CPD Plan (Continuing Professional Development Plan) to the Law Society of Alberta by March 15.